Sufyan ath-Thauri (may Allah have mercy on him) said that ten people are
regarded as oppressors:
- The person who prays for himself, but forgets his parents and other
- The person who does not recite at least a hundred verses of the Holy Quran
- The person who leaves the Masjid (mosque) without performing at least two
units of Salah.
- The person who passes a graveyard without greeting the deceased or praying
- The person who enters a city on Friday and leaves without performing the
- The man or woman in whose vicinity a learned person comes and none
acquires any religious knowledge from him.
- Those two people who love each other for the pleasure of Allah but are
unaware of each others names.
- The person who is invited by another, but does not accept his invitation
(when acceptance does not contradict the Shariah).
- The youngster that has no commitments yet does not acquire any religious
knowledge or manners.
- The person who has eaten to his fill while his neighbor goes hungry.
By: Imam as-Samarqandi