|The Signs are listed in roughly chronological order, although the
order is not necessarily precise, especially for those in the future. |
This is a brief summary of the signs; there are many books, articles, and
cassettes etc., which discuss these in greater detail. May Allah enable us to
recognize and heed the Signs, and strengthen us in the times of tribulation.
"Are they waiting for anything except the Hour, to come to them suddenly? But
its Signs have already come!" (Al-Quran, Surah Muhammad)
1. Splitting of the Moon.
2. Death of the Prophet Muhammad, may Allah bless him and grant him peace.
3. A form of death, which will kill thousands of Muslims. (Understood to refer
to the plague of Amwas during the caliphate of ‘Umar ibn al-Khattab.)
4. A major fighting in Madinah (understood to refer to the battle of al-Harrah
during the caliphate of Yazid, 63 AH).
5. The Muslim conquest of Jerusalem.
6. The Muslim conquest of Constantinople.
7. Two large groups of Muslims will fight in war.
8. A war between the Muslims and a reddish people with small eyes, wearing
sandals made of hair (understood to refer to the Mongol Tatar invasion of the
9. A peace agreement between the Muslims and non-Muslims from the yellow race
(Chinese, Mongols, etc.)
10. Thirty impostors (Dajjaal) will appear, each thinking he is a prophet.
11. Naked, destitute, barefoot shepherds will compete in building
12. The slave-woman will give birth to her master or mistress.
13. A trial (fitnah), which will enter every Arab household.
14. Knowledge will be taken away (by the death of people of knowledge), and
ignorance will prevail.
15. Wine (intoxicants, alcohol) will be drunk in great quantities.
16. Illegal sexual intercourse will become widespread.
17. Earthquakes will increase.
18. Time will pass more quickly.
19. Tribulations (fitan) will prevail.
20. Bloodshed will increase.
21. A man will pass by the grave of another and wish he was in the latter’s
22. Trustworthiness will be lost, i.e. when authority is given to those who do
not deserve it.
23. People will gather for prayer, but will be unable to find an imam to lead
24. The number of men will decrease, whilst the number of women will increase,
until for every man there are 50 women.
25. The Euphrates will reveal a treasure of gold, and many will die fighting
over it, each one hoping to be the one who gains the treasure.
26. The Romans (Europeans) will come to a place called A’maq or Wabiq, and an
army of the best people will go forth from Madinah to face them.
27. The Muslim conquest of Rome.
28. The Mahdi (guided one) will appear, and be the Imam of the Muslims.
29. Jesus Christ will descend in Damascus, and pray behind the Mahdi.
30. Jesus will break the cross and kill the swine, i.e. destroy the false
31. The Antichrist (al-masih al-dajjal, the false Christ) will appear, with all
his tools of deception, and be an immense trial. He will be followed by 70,000
Jews from Isfahan (present-day Iran).
32. The appearance of Ya’juj and Ma’juj (Gog and Magog), and the associated
33. The emergence of the Beast from the Earth, carrying the Staff of Moses and
the Seal of Solomon, who will speak to the people, telling them they did not
believe with certainty in the Divine Signs.
34. A major war between the Muslims (including Jews and Christians who truly
believe in Jesus after his return) led by the Imam Mahdi, and the Jews plus
other non-Muslims led by the Antichrist.
35. Jesus will kill the Antichrist at the gate of Ludd (Lod in present-day
Israel, site of an airport and a major Israeli military base).
36. A time of great peace and serenity during and after the remaining lifetime
37. Wealth will come so abundant that it will become difficult to find someone
to accept charity.
38. Arabia will become a land of gardens and rivers.
39. Society will then decay.
40. The buttocks of the women of the tribe of Daws will again sway in
circumambulation (tawaf) around the idol Dhul-Khulsah.
41. A great fire in the Hijaz, seen by the inhabitants of Busra.
42. Three major armies will sink into the earth: one in the east, one in the
west, and one in Arabia.
43. An Abyssinian leader with thin shins will destroy the Ka’bah.
44. The huge cloud of smoke.
45. The sun will rise from the west (its place of setting).
46. A gentle wind, which will take the souls of the believers.
47. There is no-one left on the earth saying, "Allah, Allah" or "There is no god
48. Eventually the Day of Judgment is established upon the worst of the people,
who copulate like donkeys in public.
49. The blowing in the Trumpet by the Angel Israfil, upon which everyone will
faint except as Allah wills.
50. The second blowing in the Trumpet, upon which everyone will be resurrected.
By: Dr. Suhaib Hasan