Asmaul Husna - The Allah Names
"Allah! there is no god but He! To Him belongs the Most Beautiful Names."
(Surah Taha: 8)
1. Ar-RahmanThe One who has plenty of mercy for the believers and the blasphemers in this world and especially for the believers in the hereafter.
The Most Merciful
2. Ar-RahimThe One who has plenty of mercy for the believers.
The most Compassionate
3. Al-MalikThe One with the complete Dominion, the One Whose Dominion is clear from imperfection.
The King, the Monarch
4. Al-QuddusThe One who is pure from any imperfection and clear from children and adversaries.
The Holy one
5. As-SalamThe One who is free from every imperfection.
The Peace, The Tranquility
6. Al-Mu'minThe One who witnessed for Himself that no one is God but Him. And He witnessed for His believers that they are truthful in their belief that no one is God but Him.
The One with Faith
The Faithful, The Trusted
7. Al-MuhayminThe One who witnesses the saying and deeds of His creatures.
The vigilant, the controller
8. Al-'AzizThe Defeater who is not defeated.
The Almighty, the powerful
9. Al-JabbarThe One that nothing happens in His Dominion except that which He willed.
The all Compelling
10. Al-MutakabbirThe One who is clear from the attributes of the creatures and from resembling them.
The Haughty, the Majestic
11. Al-KhaliqThe One who brings everything from non-existence to existence.
The Creator, the Maker
12.Al-Bari'The Creator who has the Power to turn the entities.
The Artificer, the Creator
13.Al-MusawwirThe One who forms His creatures in different pictures.
The Organizer, the Designer
14.Al-GhaffarThe One who forgives the sins of His slaves time and time again.
The Forgiving, the Forgiver
15.Al-QahharThe Subduer who has the perfect Power and is not unable over anything.
The Almighty, the Dominant
16.Al-WahhabThe One who is Generous in giving plenty without any return.
The Donor, the Bestower
17. Ar-RazzaqThe Provider, the Sustainer
18. Al-FattahThe One who opens for His slaves the closed worldly and religious matters.
The Opener, the Revealer
19. Al-'AlimThe Knowledgeable; The One nothing is absent from His knowledge.
The all Knowing, the Omniscient
20. Al-QabidThe One who constricts the sustenance.
The Contractor, The Restrainer, the Recipient.
21. Al-BasitThe One who expands and widens.
The Expander, He who expands
22. Al-KhafidThe One who lowers whoever He willed by His Destruction.
The Abaser, the Humbler
23. Ar-Rafi'The One who raises whoever He willed by His Endowment.
The Raiser, the Exalter
24. Al-Mu'izHe gives esteem to whoever He willed, hence there is no one to degrade Him;
The Honorer, the Exalter
25. Al-MuzilDegrades whoever he willed, hence there is no one to give him esteem.
The Abaser, the Degrader, the Subduer
26. As-Sami'The One who Hears all things that are heard by His Eternal Hearing without an ear, instrument or organ.
The Hearer, The All hearing, all knowing.
27. Al-BasirThe One who Sees all things that are seen by His Eternal Seeing without a pupil or any other instrument.
The Seer, The discerning, the All seeing.
28. Al-HakamHe is the Ruler and His judgment is His Word.
The arbitrator, the Judge
29. Al-'AdlThe One who is entitled to do what He does.
The justice, the equitable. The Just.
30. Al-LatifThe Most Gentle, the Gracious.
The One who is kind
31. Al-KhabirThe One who knows the truth of things.
The Aware. The Sagacious, one is who is aware.
32. Al-HalimThe One who delays the punishment for those who deserve it and then He might forgive them.
The Gentle. The most patient, the Clement.
33. Al-'AzimThe One deserving the attributes of Exaltment, Glory, Extolment, and Purity from all imperfection.
The Great, Mighty
34. Al-GhafoorThe One who forgives a lot.
The Forgiving, the Pardoner.
35. Ash-ShakurThe One who gives a lot of reward for a little obedience.
The Grateful, the Thankful
36. Al-'AliThe One who is clear from the attributes of the creatures.
The most high, the exalted.
37. Al-KabirThe One who is greater than everything in status.
The great, the big.
38. Al-HafizThe One who protects whatever and whoever He willed to protect.
The Guardian, the preserver.
39. Al-MuqitThe One who has the Power.
The maintainer, The Nourisher
40. Al-HasibThe One who gives the satisfaction.
The noble, The Reckoner
41. Aj-JalilThe One who is attributed with greatness of Power and Glory of status.
The Majestic. The honorable, the exalted.
42. Al-KarimThe One who is clear from abjectness.
The most generous, the Bountiful.
43. Ar-RaqibThe One that nothing is absent from Him. Hence it's meaning is related to the attribute of Knowledge.
The Guardian, the watchful. Watcher.
44. Al-MujibThe One who answers the one in need if he asks Him and rescues the yearner if he calls upon Him.
The Responder. The respondent, one who answers.
45. Al-Wasi'The Englober. The enricher, the Omnipresent, the Knowledgeable.
46. Al-HakimThe One who is correct in His doings.
The most Wise, the Judicious.
47. Al-WadudThe Affectionate, the Loving.
48. Al-MajidThe One who is with perfect Power, High Status, Compassion, Generosity and Kindness.
The Glorious, the exalted.
49. Al-Ba'ithThe One who resurrects for reward and/or punishment.
The Resurrector, the Raiser from death.
50. Ash-ShahidThe One who nothing is absent from Him.
51. Al-HaqqThe One who truly exists.
The Truth, the Just.
52. Al-WakilThe One who gives the satisfaction and is relied upon.
The Guardian, the Trustee
53. Al-QaweeThe One with the complete Power.
The powerful, the Almighty, The Strong
54. Al-MatinThe One with extreme Power which is un-interrupted and He does not get tired.
The Strong, the Firm
55. Al-WaleeThe Supporter, the Friend, the Defender the master.
56. Al-HamidThe praised One who deserves to be praised.
The Praiseworthy , the Commendable
57. Al-MuhsiThe One who the count of things are known to him.
58. Al-Mubdi'The One who started the human being. That is, He created him.
The Beginner, the Creator, The Originator
59. Al-Mu'eedThe One who brings back the creatures after death.
The Restorer, the Resurrector.
60. Al-MuhyeeThe One who took out a living human from semen that does not have a soul. He gives life by giving the souls back to the worn out bodies on the resurrection day and He makes the hearts alive by the light of knowledge.
The Bestower, the Life Giver.
61. Al-MumeetThe One who renders the living dead.
The Bringer of Death. The Death Giver.
62. Al-HayyThe One attributed with a life that is unlike our life and is not that of a combination of soul, flesh or blood.
The Living. The Alive, the ever living.
63. Al-QayyumThe One who remains and does not end.
The Self-Subsistent, The Eternal, the Self Sustaining.
64. Al-WajidThe Rich who is never poor. Al-Wajd is Richness.
The all perceiving, the Opulent, the Finder.
65. Al-WahidThe One without a partner.
The One, the Unique.
66. Al-MajidThe One who is Majid.
The Noble, the illustrious.
67. Al-AhadThe only, the Unique.
68. As-SamadThe Master who is relied upon in matters and reverted to in ones needs.
The Perfect, the Eternal.
69. Al-QadirThe One attributed with Power.
The Able, the Capable, the Omnipotent.
70. Al-MuqtadirThe One with the perfect Power that nothing is withheld from Him.
The Capable, The all Powerful
71. Al-MuqaddimHe makes ahead what He wills.
The Presenter, The Advancer, The Expediter
72. Al-Mu'akhkhirThe One who delays what He wills.
The Fulfiller, the keeper behind, The Deferrer
73. Al-'AwwalThe One whose Existence is without a beginning.
74. Al-'AkhirThe One whose Existence is without an end.
75. Az-ZahirThe Apparent, the Exterior, The Manifest
The One that nothing is above Him and nothing is underneath Him, hence He exists without a place.
76. Al-BatinThe Hidden, the Interior, the Latent
77. Al-WaliThe One who owns things and manages them.
The Governor, The Ruler, The Master
78. Al-Muta'aliThe One who is clear from the attributes of the creation.
The Exalted, The most high, one above reproach.
79. Al-BarrThe One who is kind to His creatures, who covered them with His sustenance and specified whoever He willed among them by His support, protection, and special mercy.
The Benefactor, The Beneficent, the Pious.
80. At-TawwabThe One who grants repentance to whoever He willed among His creatures and accepts his repentance.
The Acceptor of Repentance, The Forgiver, the Relenting.
81. Al-MuntaqimThe One who victoriously prevails over His enemies and punishes them for their sins. It may mean the One who destroys them.
82. Al-'AfuwwThe One with wide forgiveness.
The Forgiver, the effacer, the Pardoner
83. Ar-Ra'ufThe One with extreme Mercy. The Mercy of Allah is His will to endow upon whoever He willed among His creatures.
The merciful, the Ever Indulgent.
84. Al-MuqsitThe One who is Just in His judgment.
The Just, the Equitable
85. Aj-Jami'The One who gathers the creatures on a day that there is no doubt about, that is the Day of Judgment.
The Collector, the comprehensive, Gatherer
86. Al-GhaneeThe One who does not need the creation.
The rich, the all sufficing, Self-Sufficient
87. Al-MughneeThe One who satisfies the necessities of the creatures.
The Enricher, sufficer, the bestower.
88. Al-Mani'The Supporter who protects and gives victory to His pious believers. Al-Mu'tiy
The Preventer, the prohibiter, the defender.
89. Ad-DarrThe One who makes harm reach to whoever He willed.
The Distresser , The afflictor, the bringer of Adversity.
90. An-Nafi'The One who gives benefits to whoever He wills.
The Beneficial Benefactor
91. An-NurThe One who guides.
92. Al-HadiThe One whom with His Guidance His believers were guided, and with His Guidance the living beings have been guided to what is beneficial or them and protected from what is harmful to them.
93. Al-Badi'The One who created the creation and formed it without any preceding example.
The Wonderful, the maker, Incomparable
94. Al-BaqiThe One that the state of non-existence is impossible for Him.
The Enduring, the Everlasting, the eternal
95. Al-WarithThe One whose Existence remains.
The Inheritor, The Heir
96. Ar-RashidThe One who guides.
The Rightly Guided, The Conscious, the Guide
97. As-SaburThe One who does not quickly punish the sinners.
The most Patient, the Enduring.
98. Malik Al-MulkThe One who controls the Dominion and gives dominion to whoever He willed.
The Ruler of the Kingdom, king of the Universe
99. Zul-l-Jalal wal-IkramThe One who deserves to be Exalted and not denied.
Lord of Majesty and Generosity