More Suhoor Recipes
Sobia Drink a mixture of sweetened milk, rice and coconut essence, sometimes spiced with cinnamon and cardamom. If you haven’t already, we recommend you try now!
- 100 Short-grain rice
- 1 litre cold full cream milk
- 100 g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp coconut essence
- Ice cubes (as needed)
- Wash the rice under cold running water, then soak in fresh water for half an hour.
- Pour 500 ml water into a medium pot and boil the drained rice over a low heat for about 30 to 40 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the water is absorbed and the rice is very soft.
- Let the rice cool completely and then add the cold milk.
- Mix in the sugar, vanilla and coconut essences and the ice cubes. Place in a blender and blend until completely smooth.
- Strain through a sieve and serve chilled.