All information on IslamicFinder.org is verified by professionals beforehand. If you find any inappropriate material (or links leading to inappropriate materials), kindly contact us.
Last updated: November 20, 2020
The Platform is divided into Groups. A Group has a particular objective, which is defined as a topic. Groups can be created only by the IslamicFinder's Community Management Team. The Group's topic helps everyone understand the purpose and guide you on whether you should join this group or not. For example, one of our most favorite Groups is 'Dua Requests', which is self-explanatory. Another Group is 'Muslims in the USA'. Each Group has its own set of rules defined by IslamicFinder. If you don't agree with the topic or the rules, you should not join that Group and explore other Groups you may find suitable. You will be asked to join the groups when you open the App for the first time after successfully creating your user account.
The users of this Community create the content of the Platform. We can call it a post or an event. You can create content in a joined Group, which the User chooses while creating that post. The content may contain some textual and graphical information. We don't own the content created by the User. We are not responsible for the information provided by users in this App. However, to improve the quality of the Community, we have the full rights to review the content and hide the data that doesn't follow the rules of that particular Group. Our Community Management Team regularly reviews all posts created by the Users of this Platform and hides all content, which we find inappropriate. While reviewing the content, we following these rules:
1. Content that can be
categorized as hate speech shall be removed.
2. Posts that quote a Quranic Ayat or Hadith of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) but don't mention the source shall be removed because it may contain inauthentic or false information.
3. Posts that show nudity, crime, weapons, or inappropriate picture or photos shall be removed.
4. Posts that are against any Islamic sects shall be removed.
5. Posts or users that are promoting or supporting any terrorist organization shall be removed.
6. Posts promoting any unlawful activity shall be removed.
7. Posts that don't follow the rules of the groups will be removed. For example, a user cannot promote their business in a group like 'Dua Requests'.
Now the question would be, what kind of content is allowed? Here are a few examples of good content:
1. Request for a Dua for
yourself, your loved ones, and/or for the Community in 'Dua
2. Promote your Halal Business in Groups like 'Muslims in New York' (Halal Business means the permissible business as per Islamic Guidelines).
3. Ask a question about Islamic Laws or for self-awareness in 'Ask a Muslim'.
4. Share your experience about becoming a better Muslim or something you have learned or experienced recently in a relevant Group like 'Muslims in USA'.
5. Share the food recipe, mention a Halal restaurant, or ask about food recommendations nearby in the Groups like "Halal Food".
Any user (with an active IslamicFinder Account) can post comments under any content created by themselves or any other users. These comments must follow the Muslims' Community guidelines mentioned above; otherwise, the team will hide their content.
If you want to join this Community, you must create an account in
IslamicFinder. This account can be used in our 'Athan by
IslamicFinder' App. You can use this account for your religious
activities like Salah, Duas, and recitation of the Quran.
To create an account, you will either have to download any of our Apps (Athan or Muslims) or go to our website IslamicFinder.org. You can create your account using your email address or using third-party options like Google, Apple, or Facebook. To learn more about how to create an account and the information we will save in our database, you can review our privacy policies.
The content created by the User is their sole responsibility. We don't own anyone's content. However, your content will be reviewed by our teams to ensure all conversations are within Community guidelines (as mentioned in the previous section).
Users can delete their accounts anytime they want. To perform that action, they must log in to our App or Website, go to settings, and follow the appropriate option to initiate the process.
To learn more about the Community, you can contact us by using the email address provided inside the App.
Sometimes we might have trouble finding where you are located. Having your current location will help us to get you more accurate prayer times and nearby Islamic places. Here are some things you can do to help fix the problem.